In January-February 2020, the foreign trade turnover amounted to 5.9 billion dollars and decreased by 3% compared to the same indicator last year.
In the reporting period, the volume of exports amounted to 2.6 billion dollars, which is less than last year by 115.1 million dollars or 4%.
The negative balance of foreign trade turnover amounted to 600 million dollars.
The main share of export fell on:
- products from precious and semiprecious metals - 1.04 billion dollars. (39.6% of total exports);
- services - $ 464.2 million. (17.6%);
- energy sources - 253.6 million dollars. (9.6%);
- textile products - 368.6 million dollars. (14%);
- food products - 100.6 million dollars. (8.5%);
- non-ferrous metals and products from them - 117.7 million dollars. (4.5%);
- chemical products and products from them - 55.5 million dollars. (2.1%);
- ferrous metals and products from them - 35.7 million dollars. (1.4%).
In January-February 2020, the foreign trade turnover of the republic amounted to 5 billion 920 million dollars and compared with the similar indicator of the previous year showed an decrease of 3.1%.
In the reporting period, the volume of imports amounted to 3 billion 289 million dollars, which is less with the previous year by 75 million dollars or 24.9%.
The negative balance of foreign trade turnover amounted to 657 million dollars.
Composition of import of the republic.
- import of products - 88% or 2 billion 905 million dollars (4.7% decrease);
- import of services -12% or 384 million dollars (22.2% increase).
High growth in imports is associated with imports of products imported to increase production capacities for the purpose of large-scale modernization of the industrial sector. In particular, a large share of products imported into the republic falls on:
- machinery and transport equipment (including parts and accessories) - $ 1 billion 245 million dollars (- 2.7%);
- industrial goods - 497 million dollars (- 9.0%);
- chemicals and similar products - 378 million dollars(+ 3.7%);
- food products - 174 million dollars (- 28.9%);
- non-food raw materials, except fuel - 201 million dollars (+45.1%);
- energy resources, oil and oil products - 157 million dollars (- 8.8%);
- live animals and feed for them - 29 million dollars (-24.9%);
- vegetable and animal oils - 36 million dollars (-32.0%);
- drinks and tobacco - 5 million dollars (- 27.9%);
- various finished products and other goods - 182 million dollars.