Vacancy Announcement: Project Assistant
This is a full-time and initial 10 months consultancy contract, with a possible extension for up to add one more year (maximum 1 year and 10 months).
- Based on the bilateral agreement between Uzbekistan and Japan, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has launched a project with the Ministry of Investment and Foreign Trade (MIFT) of the Republic of Uzbekistan, to enhance the investment climate and build capacity for investment promotion activities and investor services of Uzbekistan. In conducting this project, a project expert (JICA Expert) was appointed from Japan. The Project Assistant will work under his supervision, as well as support the work of the project counter-part at MIFT.
- Contents of Work
- Assist various daily administrative duties of JICA Expert (scheduling, travel arrangements, document filing, basic accounting, etc.);
- Conduct research and analysis on investment climate and investment promotion activities both domestic and foreign practice;
- Assist in coordinating among relevant stakeholders of the project (governmental agencies, foreign and domestic companies, external consultants, business organizations, development partners, etc.)
- Support arranging conferences, seminars, workshops, and online meetings;
- Translate documents and conversations;
- Other activities as directed by JICA Expert.
- Qualification Requirements
- At least three years of work experiences in the relevant field and job functions;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in the related field. Education or work experiences in foreign countries are highly appreciated;
- Excellent skills in speaking, writing, and translating among English, Russian and Uzbek. Some knowledge of Japanese is a plus;
- Research and information gathering skills;
- Attention to detail, and commitment to the deadline;
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to network with the project stakeholders mentioned above;
- Intermediate-level competency of computer (MS Office);
- Salary & Benefits
Salary and other benefits will follow the guideline of the project, and the previous work experience of the candidate.
- Consulting Period
From April 1st 2021, to end of January 2022.
(The contract may be extended as per the requirement of the JICA Project for up to add one more year).
Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a recent CV and a cover letter in English 10th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.