The Ministry of Investments and Foreign Trade is the most advanced public authority contributing a lot into the entrepreneurship eco-system
The Ministry of Investments and Foreign Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan won a category ‘The most advanced public authority contributing a lot into the entrepreneurship eco-system’ according to a survey of participants in Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Global Entrepreneurship Week takes place annually for 12 years in 160 countries around the world and exists to support the entrepreneurship eco-system.
In Uzbekistan, Tashkent branch of the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN), the Youth Union of Uzbekistan, the Association of International Business and Technology, GroundZero co-working and the Center for Support of Young Entrepreneurs are the event planners.
The Global Entrepreneurship Week 2019 involved more than 2 thousand visitors and more than 40 local and foreign entrepreneurs.
The initiative included such areas as startups, education, finances, women's entrepreneurship, business scaling and growth, tourism, marketing, information and communication technologies, etc.
The survey involved 5 categories:
- The most advanced public authority contributing a lot into the entrepreneurship eco-system
- The most convenient financial solution for entrepreneurs
- The most active platform assisting in the development of the entrepreneurship eco-system
- Leading educational institution for training of entrepreneurs
- The brightest and most promising startup
- The Ministry of Investments and Foreign Trade – 120 votes
- The Ministry of Innovation - 60 votes
- The Ministry of Finances - 29 votes
- The Central Bank - 28 votes
- The Antimonopoly Committee – 16 votes
- The Agency for the Development of Capital Market - 16 votes
The management of the Ministry participated in the award ceremony and told about the mechanisms and tools supporting the private sector - foreign and local investors, as well as manufacturers and exporters.